National Crush A Can Day is observed annually on September 27. This National Day was created as a day to remind everyone to do their part in recycling.
Who better to reference crushing cans than Stone Cold Steve Austin who found smashing and slamming beers together nightly were the best thing to do after every wrestling match. The only bad thing Mr. Austin didn’t do was recycle his cans. Instead, he threw them into the crowd… very hard. So go out there and crush every can you see or use and then recycle it! And that’s the bottom line because Binge Magazine said so!
Here are some Stone Cold facts about cans:
• If you laid all the aluminum cans recycled in 2010 end to end, they could circle the earth 169 times.
• In America, 105,800 cans are recycled every minute.
• Your television can run for 3 hours from the energy saved by recycling one can.
• Aluminum cans are worth about a penny each.
• The industry pays more than $1 billion annually for recycled cans.
For more information regarding National Crush A Can Day, an “unofficial” national holiday, see: cancentral.com
Don’t forget to subscribe to Binge Magazine to be apart of our quarterly newsletters!