What: For the 23rd year, Rita’s Italian Ice is spreading “ice, custard and happiness” by giving away free Italian Ice on March 20th.
Where: At over 600 Rita’s locations — find yours here!
When: The First Day of Spring: Friday, March 20th during operating hours!
Details: As part of the springtime celebration, all guests who visit a Rita’s location on March 20 during operating hours will receive a free Italian Ice in a limited-edition First Day of Spring cup.
GET SOCIAL & WIN BIG!
Guests are encouraged to enter a photo contest hosted on the Rita’s Italian Ice Facebook page by sharing a photo of their “cool treat” via social media using #RitasFirstDayOfSpring. From March 20 to April 11, Facebook fans will be able to vote for their favorite picture, and each week a winner will be selected to win free Italian Ice for a year. Everyone who votes for a picture will also be entered for a chance to win.
Fun Rita’s First Day of Spring Facts
• 1992 marked Rita’s Italian Ice’s first-ever First Day of Spring Free Italian Ice Giveaway.
• Rita’s will give away Italian Ice to more people than the population of Vermont and Wyoming combined.
• It’s expected that more than 500,000 pounds of free Italian Ice will be given out as part of the beloved annual celebration, which is heavier than the weight of the Statue of Liberty.
• Rita’s top five most popular Italian Ice flavors are Mango, Cherry, Cotton Candy, Lemon and Swedish Fish®.
• Rita’s uses more than 300,000 pounds of mangoes annually to create its #1 Italian Ice flavor, Mango.